Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Must write...

Ok. So, it's been quite a while since I started this with the intent to use it to share my thoughts. I've had many of them, to be sure, but most have just squirreled around in my head before becoming nothing.

I've been very interested lately in how things are stacking up in the middle east. I think it is time for us to take Ezekiel 38 and 39 very seriously. Lets look at some of the more intersting points of that prophecy. First we have a list of nations that ally themselves against Israel (craziness, who would do that?...) The list is short: Russia, Iran, Egypt, Libya and Turkey. I took the liberty of using modern names here for ease of understanding. I didn't do the research but enough has been done that I'm fairly confident with the names.

Notice, that Syria isn't named. Odd that unless: Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from [being] a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

With all that is going on there, this prophecy could be fulfilled any time. Scary, I know.

In any case... Turkey, until recently, was an ally of the west and hardly seemed capable of uniting with others against Israel. However, the recent political gestures from the US and Turkey could lead us to believe that the prophecy's team is almost complete.

Now, I'm not an expert and I read more commentary than I should and not enough of the Bible but even an unseasoned prophecy buff like me can see the writing beginning to form on the wall...

Edit: I wrote this two years ago... wow. God is amazing. These thoughts poored out 2 years ago and are very much in my mind right now. More importantly, the US is a "land of unwalled villiages". We also "dwell carelessly". Is it any more obvious? God is telling us that while Israel is brought into rememberance of HIM we (arguably the most Christian nation in the world... sometimes in name only it seems) will be left behind, as it were. The US is on a collision course with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. We have offended Him as a nation, we've spat in God Almighty's face, turned our collective backs on His only Son and we are about to know His wrath. I've had "christians" tell me "God doesn't judge during the Age of Grace... bah, how many nations have fallen that rejected God? All of them. Besides that glaring fact, when Ezekiel 38 and 39 come to pass God is again focused and intent upon Israel.

Repent. It's an old word but more important now than it was when it came into being. We have but a short time to remember from where we've fallen and repent. Seek, His face and His forgiveness.
We've still got time, don't take it for granted.

No comments: